What are your desires? And what are the ‘buts’? The Law of Attraction won’t work with conflicting beliefs.
For a long time, I watch Marisa Peer online, but a few days ago I saw an interview with her and I got more curious about her work. So I did the research and I subscribed to her channel.
Marisa Peer, and many spiritual professors, or motivational people, or coaches, whatever they call themselves or you call them. They teach about the same thing in many different ways and every time they inspired me. And, when I say teach the same, don’t get me wrong, I am just saying they want to help people to be better, to have a better life. Each of them learned and share it in a different way, and they are beautiful.
Inspired by her, I thought about my beliefs and my, however, as she teaches. What I love about her is that she makes those examples very clear to a point many people struggle, and for sure if I don’t struggle now I used to or maybe I will again someday.
I will give you some examples, I love to work with examples, we all know that. (I know, I become predictable, but bear with me). I want to share some contradictions I kept with me that I saw it wasn’t helping me to achieve my goals.
- I want my books to be famous. x I don’t want to be known, I pitty celebrities with no privacy.
- I want to be rich. x I will need to learn more about investing, maybe invest in different things, or know someone to trust my money. Oh God, it is too much work.
- I want a relationship. x I can’t see myself married, people become all we we we, it is boring!
- I want to lose weight. x Biscuits are fattening.
I can give you more examples that I saw her talk about or my family and friends. Like…
- I want to start my own business. x I can’t do anything right (after breaking a simple glass).
- I want a boyfriend. x There is no good man.
- I want more money. x I can’t trust rich people. Most of them are corrupted and bad people.
- I am manifesting this new car I saw. x I hate my car.
- I want to be healthy so I can travel, walk around, go to parties. x My mother had that, I have it too. I was already suspecting it.
There are so many more things we say to ourselves, and I truly believe, like Marisa Peer points out, that what you say to yourself is highly affecting your life. And conflicting thoughts are the worse because it can get people that never listened about mindfulness or consciousness and people that did and know their thoughts are not so healthy anymore.
And for the last one, the question What am I doing wrong comes when nothing changes. You think you are clear about what you want, but you keep those contradictions on your life.
What we can do to start to move the wheel is to change those beliefs and desires into affirmations, like…
(I know, more examples)
- I love my work and I work with what I love. And I love people talking about it. (Live a comment 😉
- Being rich is so much easier to deal with money and investments. (phone number $$$)
- I love myself and I have fun with the new guy. (Love urself, I probably would love u)
- Thank God I am not a cookie. (Don’t be so serious)
- I am resourceful and skillful with everything I do. (My type of guy)
- (I sent my girlfriend to therapy, but I will try with this one…) I had a bad past, but I know people are different. And I love myself anyway!
- (Family problems, this one). I have a great boss and she is the prove many rich people are caring and good.
- I am grateful because I have transport to drive.
- (My sign is a virgin. I am kidding because I can relate) I am a puzzle piece to my doctors, I am always healthy in my routine medical checkups.
Well, I hope this list can help you and you are not bothered by those jokes. (I know you aren’t because you know just your ego can be bothered, mainly with things are supposed to make you feel better).
I want to share this point of Marisa Peer about conflicting thoughts because many of our beliefs can’t be seeing easily and sometimes we think we are in the right energy but the stuck feeling keep saying we are not quite there. And correct a word in a cliche you believe can be enough to change your life. Once again, the spiritual path, manifesting, living a good life is simple but can be hard on us. When you think something is bulls* because it is obvious, or simple, or silly, SAY SOMETHING. Because many people already went through it, it can help you and you can help people sharing what they think is “silly”, “too simple to worth talk about”, “too obvious, just I didn’t see it”. Please, share this post, share other people’s post, talks, books that might help others even if some bully says it is nothing, you are dramatic or whatever.
I know be vulnerable is hard, that’s why I didn’t work on my Youtube channel properly, it is hard. But keep going, keep improving yourself, keep sharing and we will “take over the world”. (Pinkie and the Brain Nostalgia).